- Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design: Compact and lighter-weight, the Rubicon's overhead-valve, semi-dry sump design creates an engine that's shorter from top to bottom. That returns two big benefits: it enhances handling by lowering the engine's center of gravity, and it also increases ground clearance.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout
- Hondamatic Transmission
- Front and Rear Adjustable Suspension: Adjustable dual shocks allow you to optimize suspension performance for various load conditions.
- Electric Shift Program (ESP): Upshifting or downshifting is easy and fast—just push one of two handlebar-mounted buttons. ESP is a huge advantage when riding in heavy boots or if your boots are covered in mud or snow because you don't have to fuss with a conventional left-foot ATV shift lever.
- Towing Capacity: Got a tough job to tackle? No problem—the Rubicon is up to the task. With a generous 850-pound towing capacity and rack capacity of 66 pounds up front and 133 pounds in the rear, the Rubicon is ready to double as a pack mule when you need to carry a load. (Hitch ball shown sold separately.)
- Triple Headlights: The Rubicon features three headlights, two mounted on the front fenders and one on the handlebar. The 45-watt handlebar light moves with the bar to illuminate the area you choose. All three use multi-reflector lenses for superior light distribution.
- Accessory Power Outlet: The Rubicon comes with a 12-volt accessory outlet as standard equipment. That makes it easy to run or recharge your electronics (cell-phone charger, GPS, etc.) out in the woods or on the jobsite. An optional rear-mounted outlet is also available as a Honda Genuine Accessory.
- Engine Type: 499cc liquid-cooled OHV dry-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 92mm x 75mm
- Induction: 36mm constant velocity carburetor
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
- Transmission: Fully automatic hydromechanical, continuously variable with electronic controls
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and torque-sensitive front differential
- Clutch: Automatic
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 6.7 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with dual shock absorbers; 6.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes: 180mm front discs with single-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes: Sealed mechanical drum
- Front Tires: 25 x 8-12
- Front Tires: 25 x 10-12
- Length: 83 in.
- Width: 46.8 in.
- Height: 46.4 in.
- Wheelbase: 50.6 in.
- Seat Height: 33.9 in.
- Ground Clearance: 7.5 in.
- Curb Weight: 655 lb. (includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.0 gal., including 0.7 gal. reserve
- Towing Capacity: 850 lb.
- Model Id: TRX500FPA (with EPS)
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Red, Olive, White
Factory Warranty Information
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.